A cold evening classic! This meal works well as a stick-to-your-ribs meat and potatoes dish but features the flavor and bite of your favorite Lava Lei coffee.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 6.5 minutes
Yield: 10 servings
• 1 cup cider vinegar
• 4 garlic cloves, crushed, divided
• 1 boneless beef chuck roast (4 to 5 pounds), trimmed
• 2 teaspoons salt
• 1 teaspoon pepper
• 1 cup strong brewed Lava Lei coffee (Medium or Dark Roast)
• 1 cup beef broth
• 1 medium onion, sliced
• 3 tablespoons corn starch
• 1/4 cup cold water
1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine vinegar and 2 garlic cloves. Add roast; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate overnight, turning occasionally.
2. Drain and discard marinade. Pat roast dry; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place roast in a 5 or 6-qt. slow cooker; add Lava Lei coffee, broth, onion, and remaining garlic. Cook, covered, on low until meat is tender, 6-7 hours.
3. Remove roast and keep warm. Strain cooking juices, discarding onion and garlic; skim fat. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and cold water until smooth; gradually stir into slow cooker. Cook, covered, on high until gravy is thickened, 30 minutes. Slice roast; serve with mashed potatoes and gravy.